Here’s an easy-to-sew, versatile pocket pillow-perfect for keeping your favorite reading book or coloring book handy.
- OESD’s Zenspirational Scrolls by Joanne Fink #80184
- Size 11 embroidery needles
- Isacord embroidery thread
- OESD Heavy Weight TearAway Stabilizer
- OESD Fusible Woven CutAway Stabilizer
- OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth (optional)
- Pillow pocket fabric: 5/8 yd
- Pillow fabric: 5/8 yd
- Pillow stuffing
- Hand-sewing needle
- Cotton Thread
1. Cut pocket fabric 21”x26”. Fold in half to create a 21”x13” pocket. Find the center of the now folded pocket (simply do this by folding in half). Open fabric (back to 21”x26” piece of fabric) and embroider the design on the bottom half of the pocket, note the fold and raw edges location before stitching.
2. Remove stabilizer. Press design using the Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth.
3. Cut a 13”x21” piece of OESD Fusible Web and iron to wrong side of the pocket fabric (with embroidered design). You can interface the whole pocket fabric if desired.
4. Fold pocket in half.
5. Topstitch 1/4” from the fold. Matching raw edges, baste pocket to pillow fabric using a 1/4” seam allowance. The pocket fabric should be on top of the right side of the pillow fabric.
6. With right sides together, sew around pillow using a 1/2” seam allowance, leaving a 4” hole for turning at the top of the pillow.
7. Clip corners to reduce bulk. Turn pillow right side out. Poke out corners carefully. Stuff pillow. Hand-sew opening closed using a ladder or whip stitch.
Stuff your book-of-the-month in the pocket and place on your bed or favorite reading chair!
This material is © OESD, LLC and may not be reproduced or published without permission.`