by Laura Pifer, Trash to Couture
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I wanted to up my table setting game this year. I’m not one to use pretty napkins, mainly because I have 3 young boys. However, this year I will help host Thanksgiving with my parents and I wanted to add a handmade, elegant touch to my table setting. I saw this lovely Autumn Napkin & Table Cloth Corners collection from OESD and couldn’t wait to make them. You can even do this on tablecloths and placemat corners. Get the details below to make your own.
- OESD’s Autumn Napkin & Tablecloth Corners #32144 embroidery collection
- OESD AquaMesh Stabilizer
- Linen or cotton pre-made napkins
- Isacord embroidery thread
- 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive
• Hoop 2 layers of AquaMesh Stabilizer.
• Stitch Placement line.
• Spray the hooped stabilizer with 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive.
• Place the napkin so the edges of one corner align with the placement line edges.
• Stitch the Cut Line and Tack down.
• Trim the corn of the napkin as close to the stitches as you can.
• Stitch the remainder of the design.
• Remove from the hoop.
• Trim down excess stabilizer.
• Rinse away the additional water-soluble stabilizer.
Press and ta da! I even like the idea of adding these to the end of a sleeve on a garment like I did here.
Here are some other corner designs OESD has available. Plenty for every season! You can search them all here.
This material is © OESD, LLC and may not be reproduced or published without permission.