by Tari Intardonato
- Front and journal flaps – Fat Quarter (1)
- Back and Lining – Fat Quarter (2)
- FiberForm Craft Interfacing
- Embroidery Thread
- Heavy Weight CutAway Stabilizer
- Organ Machine Needle #80 for Embroidery
- Mircotex Machine Needle #80 for Construction
- 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive
- Standard Size (7 5/8” x 9 7/8”) Composition Book
- Large embroidery hoop
- Embroidery foot
- Embroidery snips
- OESD’s Brainy Icons #12479 (design #12479-02)
Cut and Prepare Fabric:
- Fat Quarter (1)
- Cut 1 piece, 11” x 15” (front)
- Cut 2 pieces, 10” x 11” (book flaps)
- Fat Quarter (2)
- Cut 1 piece 10” x 11” (back cover)
- Cut 1 piece 10” x 16½” (lining)
- FiberForm, cut 11” x 16½”
- Heavy Weight CutAway Stabilizer, cut 1 piece 10” x 15” for Large Oval Hoop
Hoop 1 layer of Heavy Weight Cut Away Stabilizer with the front journal cover fabric in the large oval hoop, using Temporary Spray Adhesive.
Stitch design #12479-02, using recommended thread color.
Cut and Sew Embroidered Blocks:
When embroidery is finished unhoop and cut fabric to 8” x 11”.
Assemble The Brainy Icons Journal:
Piece the embroidered journal front cover to the 10” x 11” coordinating journal back fabric using a ½” seam allowance.
Press seam open.
Spray the FiberForm Craft Interfacing with Temporary Spray Adhesive, and adhere the previously stitch piece to the FiberForm.
Sew a decorative stitch down the seam through the previously stitch piece and the FiberForm.
Trim book cover to 10” x 16 ½.”
Fold the book flap pieces in half (5” x 11”). If desired, add a decorative stitch to flap.
Lay the Brainy Icons Journal cover with FiberForm down right side up.
Lay the flaps on top, with folded edges facing the center of the journal cover. Place the flap with the decorative stitching as the front journal flap.
Lay lining right side down over journal front and flaps.
Pin together and sew around the entire edge using a ¼” seam allowance, leaving a small opening to turn inside out.
Trim corners and turn inside out.
Press well. Close opening by hand whipping or use sewing machine to close the edge. Enjoy!
This material is © OESD, LLC and may not be reproduced or published without permission.